In the spirit of continuous improvement and our 2021-2022 future-focus goal, the district is refreshing and rethinking its foundation strategic planning elements: Core Values, Beliefs, Mission, and Vision Statements. We believe that the best strategic plans are grounded in the community's needs and priorities. Of equal importance is to ensure the district's goals and strategies align with what's happening system-wide in our classrooms and schools.
SDPC VISION 2022 Website: www.pickens.k12.sc.us/page/vision2022
Engaging the entire community provides an excellent opportunity for members of our community to share their thoughts on what we do well and where we can grow, always focusing on our students' life long-journeys. A representative district-wide Vision Oversight Committee is looking for your thoughts and suggestions as we navigate through this process. We are inviting students, parents, staff members, schools, community & business leaders, and other interested members of the public to contribute their thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams.
Our Visioning: Community Engagement Series is designed to collaborate with and listen to YOU. SDPC will be offering several platforms, venues, and tools for staff and community input and engagement. There will be opportunities for in-person conversations through:
- 2 Area Town Hall Meetings
- Thur. 4/14 5:30-7:00 PM - Pickens County Career and Technology Center (Focus - Core Values & Beliefs)
- Mon. 5/2 5:30-7:00 PM - Pickens High School (Focus - Mission & Vision Statements)
- 3 Area Community Conversation Sessions
- Sat. 4/9 10 AM - 2 PM - Town of Central Car Show
- Sat. 4/30 8 AM - 12 PM - Easley Farmers Market
- Sat. 5/7 10 AM - 2 PM - Pickens Azalea Festival
- Various student Lunch n' Learn sessions
In addition to our in-person conversations, we will collect feedback through 2 major methods:
- A web-based survey with a single open-ended question, “If the School District of Pickens County were building from scratch, what would be YOUR top 3 priorities for students?”, that is available at the link and QR below and will be posted on the district website.
- Link to Survey - https://bit.ly/3x1SgF4
- The Survey will be available until Monday, May 2nd, 2022.
- Plus, the entire SDPC staff will have the opportunity to complete a MY Choices feedback survey online.
For more information about how you can contribute to this effort, CLICK HERE: www.pickens.k12.sc.us/page/vision2022